By making individual and collective choices, we can all defend real food, change the current food system together, and have fun!
Slow Food is a non-profit organization with 100,000 members in 160 countries with the objective of promoting food that is good, clean and fair.
Good, not only because it tastes good, but also owing to its identity and the traditional values it represents; clean because it is produced sustainably with low environmental impact; and fair because it respects the work of those who produce, process and distribute it.
Slow Food is committed to:
- Protecting real food through the products supported by the Slow Food Presidia, the Ark of Taste, and those sold directly by the producers at the Earth Markets
- Promoting the right to pleasure through sociality, conviviality and knowledge; the more we know, the better our choices and the better we live!
- Defending the food culture beyond recipes, because behind every food are producers, land, emotions and knowledge
- Educating on the need for a future dependent on fertile soils, different plant and animal species, less waste and more biodiversity, less cement and more beauty. If we know what we’re eating, we can help the planet
It pays to be a Slow Food member at Cheese!
- 30% discount on Slow Food Editore publications and special discounts on all gadgets in the Slow Bazar catalog
- € 10 discount on Dinner Dates
- € 3 discount on Taste Workshops
- Albergo Agenzia di Pollenzo: 10% discount on overnight stays
- Wine Bank in Pollenzo: 10% discount on guided tours and tasting in historical cellars